Official ASME Group

Mechanical Engineering Department Heads Committee

The Mechanical Engineering Department Heads Committee (MEDHC) is an ad hoc committee consisting of all ME department heads and chairs at institutions of advanced learning.

About

Mechanical Engineering Department Heads Executive Committee (MEDHEC) 

The Mechanical Engineering Department Heads Committee (MEDHC) is an ad hoc committee consisting of all ME department heads and chairs at institutions of advanced learning.  Its purpose is the exchange of ideas and best practices on ME education and administration of ME departments.  This exchange is facilitated by workshops, symposia, and other sessions organized at ASME conferences (particularly IMECE and the MEED education summit) and task forces organized by the Mechanical Engineering Department Heads Executive Committee (MEDHEC).

MEDHEC consists of 15 elected members, all of whom are ME department heads or chairs.  Twelve members-at-large serve a two-year term, and six new members are elected each year.  The committee is led by a Chair, a Vice Chair, and a Secretary.  Each year a new Secretary is elected, who serves one year as Secretary, then one year as Vice Chair, and then one year as Chair before rotating off the committee.

MEDHEC meets twice each year, at MEED and IMECE.  All ME heads and chairs are invited to attend the meetings, and any ME head or chair is eligible to run for MEDHEC.

Edit Post Mode
  • Save & Done
  • Preview
Preview Post Mode