Your request has been sent. You should be hearing from a site administrator shortly.
Enter the date that this post should be published.
Are you sure you want to delete this file?
This action is irreversible.
Call for Nominations: Member-at-Large, EPPD Executive Committee
Deadline: July 25, 2020
The Executive Committee of the Electronic and Photonic Packaging Division (EPPD) is seeking nominations for a new member-at-large committee member.
According to the EPPD Rules of Operation, "Each year, an open nomination shall be conducted within the Division to elect the new Member-at-Large of the Executive Committee. The Member-at-Large elect shall commit to serve for a five-year term with annual rotation through the following seniority ladder: Member-at-Large to Secretary to Treasurer to Vice Chair to Chair." Main duties of the member-at-large during the first year include participating in and contributing to the EPPD Executive Committee decision making process, updating and maintaining (working with ASME staff) the EPPD webpage, and carrying out special tasks assigned by the Executive Committee from time to time. In keeping with the rotation between industry and academia, the 2020 member-at-large should be from academia or a National Lab. Every member of EPPD in good standing (primary or secondary) is eligible to submit nominations (including self-nominations) to the Chair of the Nominating Committee. The nominee should already be (or be willing to become) an EPPD member.
Please send nominations to the Nominating Committee Chair, Mehdi Asheghi (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 25, 2020. The nomination should include the following material:
1. Nomination letter (Maximum 2 pages)
2. Copy of the nominee's curriculum vitae highlighting specific involvement in ASME activities in general and EPPD in particular. These activities may include conference/journal publications, patents, session or topic organization, membership on journal editorial board(s), journal and/or conference papers reviewed (Maximum 2 pages)
The nomination letter should clearly state:
1. the nominee's qualifications
2. experience in engaging the electronic and photonic packaging communities,
3. interest in working with the EPPD, and record of sustained professional services.
It is assumed that the nominator has already received concurrence from the nominee that she/he is willing to serve if elected.
Mechanical Engineering Department