ASME IGTI Student Advisory Committee (SAC)

Official ASME Group

ASME FutureME

We bring you the current and relevant content and resources, tailor-made for engineers with 0-10 years of work experience, plus a broader view of opportunities and news from ASME.
Edit Post Mode
Cancel

Enter the date that this post should be published.

Are you sure?

Are you sure you want to delete this file? This action is irreversible.

• ASME IGTI Student Advisory Committee (SAC)

The Student Advisory Committee (SAC) is a group of students who work to foster student engagement in the IGTI community and improve the Turbo Expo conference every year. Towards this goal, the SAC organizes various sessions and events during the conference, provides opportunities for students to work behind the scenes with leaders in their technical area, and awards travel funds to eligible degree seeking individuals.

Chair, Shawn Siroka, Penn State University
    Shawn Siroka is from West Hazleton, Pennsylvania USA. In 2016 he earned a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from Penn State University. He continues his education at Penn State as a Ph.D. Candidate under Dr. Karen Thole, working on turbine instrumentation development for The Steady Thermal Aero Research Turbine (START) Lab. Apart from his education, Shawn is the vice chair to the Student Advisory committee, was denoted as an ASME IGTI student scholar in 2016 and is a current NASA Pennsylvania Space Grant Fellow.

Vice Chair, Deepanshu Singh, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
    I am a second-year doctoral student in the Department of Engineering Science at University of Oxford. I am working with Rolls-Royce to improve the efficiency of gas turbine aircraft engines. My research focuses on experimental and computational investigation of Over-Tip Leakage flow in a shroudless high pressure gas turbine. Using thin-film based instrumentation, I have been studying turbine blade tip and casing heat transfer for a variety of tip designs in the OTRF (Oxford Turbine Research Facility), a high-speed rotating facility at engine representative conditions.

Secretary, Gen Fu, Virginia Tech
    Gen Fu is a PhD student in Engineering Mechanics program at Virginia Tech. Gen earned his bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from Chongqing University, China. Gen’s research primarily is focusing on computational modelling and statistical design. In addition, Gen has participated in many ASME activities. He is the secretary of Turbo Expo student advisory committee and also a technical committee member in Fluids Engineering division. He received FED scholar award in 2016, ASME IGTI student scholarship in 2017 and SAC travel award in 2018.

Past Chair, Wisher Paudel, University of Virginia
    I am a third-year Doctoral student in the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering department at the University of Virginia. I conduct research at UVA's Rotating Machinery and Controls (ROMAC) laboratory with primary focus on design and optimization of zero leakage mixed helical-labyrinth seals, seals test rig, and study of gas centrifuges for nuclear non-proliferation applications.