Group Pathways & Support (GPS)

A group page dedicated to providing support and resources for official Groups and Group Leaders (of Technical Divisions, Senior Sections, and Research Committees.)

GLDC 2018: Where or from who can we get help developing our section web site?

Sort by Oldest Newest
  • The questioner did not mention whether his/her Section was utilizing the Group page (as is recommended) or where they maintaining a separate web site on another domain.

I would stress that all ASME groups utilize the group page as their official ASME web presence. This is a highly underutilized resource. Any visitor starting at looking for your group will likely land on your group page first.

I would be interested in receiving feedback from groups that have declined to utilize the group regarding the issues that led to them go away from that resource.

I also would like to know if there is interest in receiving training in how to utilize the group page, including examples of best practices already in use.

Recommend | Mar 4, 2018 at 9:59 PM EST
    Flag this for inappropriate content.
  • Are there Documentation instructions Crissy Johns has added in the knowledge base already existing?
    What is a good place to put instruction files like this?

Recommend | Flag | Mar 5, 2018 at 12:27 PM EST
  • There are a lot of resources, including tutorials, in the " Community Help & Support" page. There is even a tutorial on using the Group "Forum", which I had not seen!

Recommend | Flag | Mar 5, 2018 at 2:30 PM EST
$core_v2_ui.GetResizedImageHtml($asmeAvatarUrl.Value, 60, 60, "%{border='0', alt=$core_v2_user.Accessing.DisplayName}")