Your request has been sent. You should be hearing from a site administrator shortly.
FutureME YouTube Channel
FutureME Video Series
Enter the date that this post should be published.
Are you sure you want to delete this file?
This action is irreversible.
The Alliance of Advanced Biomedical Engineering (AABME) is an ASME initiative bringing together practitioners in the growing discipline of biomedical engineering – across industry, research, academia, government, and more – to support growth, innovation and collaboration. We provide cutting edge content, tools and resources to address the specific needs of the biomedical engineering community. Check out the latest updates at www.aabme.org.
Join the Alliance and Gain Access to These Exclusive Offers
Don’t delay! Visit www.aabme.org today!
Whether you’re a student, early-career engineer, or a seasoned researcher, there are still opportunities to share your knowledge at ASME’s International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition (IMECE), November 3 – 9, 2017, in Tampa, Fla.
Poster Abstract Submissions Due July 19
· NSF Student Competition
The poster session provides undergraduate and graduate students an opportunity to present a poster of their work from NSF-funded research as part of a competition. Limited NSF-funded travel awards and ASME competition awards (1st to 3rd place for both topics) will be made available. To submit your abstract, visit the NSF Student Competition track.
· Society-Wide Micro and Nanotechnology Forum
Micro- and nano-scale phenomena and processes are widely explored across many ASME divisions to create new applications and to improve the existing engineering systems. This forum brings together ASME members and researchers from academia and industry with a common focus on micro- and nanotechnology. This year, students and post-docs will be eligible for Best Poster Awards. Each award recipient will receive a certificate signed by the ASME President. To submit your abstract, visit the Virtual Podium track and select “Society-Wide Micro and Nanotechnology Forum.”
· DeWitt Poster Session for Undergraduate Research in Thermal/Fluid Sciences
· Conference-Wide Poster Session
A general poster session, which offers some of the latest research on a variety of topics that encompasses all of the technical tracks, will be held on Wednesday afternoon during lunch time. To submit your abstract, visit the Virtual Podium track and select the topic area that best applies to your poster.
Visit go.asme.org/IMECE to submit your abstract or to learn more about IMECE 2017.
· Unlimited access exclusively for ASME members
· Dynamic features include calculators, interactive graphs, downloadable tables, videos, tutorials and more
· Over 700 titles covering every engineering discipline
· Marks’ Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers, Eleventh Edition Solve any mechanical engineering problem quickly and easily with the world’s leading engineering handbook. Nearly 1800 pages of mechanical engineering facts, figures, standards, and practices, 2000 illustrations, and 900 tables clarifying important mathematical and engineering principle, and the collective wisdom of 160 experts help you answer any analytical, design, and application question you will ever have.
· Roark's Formulas for Stress and Strain, Eighth Edition Fully revised throughout, provides accurate and thorough tabulated formulations that can be applied to the stress analysis of a comprehensive range of structural components. All equations and diagrams of structural properties are presented in an easy-to-use, thumb-through format. This extensively updated edition contains new chapters on fatigue and fracture mechanics, stresses in fasteners and joints, composite materials, and biomechanics. Several chapters have been expanded and new topics have been added. Each chapter now concludes with a summary of tables and formulas for ease of reference. This is the definitive resource for designers, engineers, and analysts who need to calculate stress and strain management.
· Mechanisms and Mechanical Devices Sourcebook, Fifth Edition This abundantly illustrated reference describes proven mechanisms and mechanical devices. Each illustration represents a design concept that can easily be recycled for use in new or modified mechanical, electromechanical, or mechatronic products. Tutorials on the basics of mechanisms and motion control systems introduce you to those subjects or act as a refresher. Contains new chapters on mechanisms for converting renewable energy into electrical power, 3D digital prototyping and simulation, and progress in MEMS and nanotechnology based on carbon nanotubes. A new chapter on stationary and mobile robots describes their roles in industry, science, national defense, and medicine. The latest advances in rapid prototyping are also discussed. This practical guide will get you up to speed on many classical mechanical devices as well as the hot new topics in mechanical engineering.
- Enabling new design and material freedoms
- Shortening the development cycle of gas turbines
- Reducing prototype and testing costs and producing parts more easily
- Increasing speed-to-market
- Enabling increased performance through novel design
The emergence and growth in engineering technology (ET) degrees is due to these factors: (1) America’s desire to maintain its preeminence as a leader in technology and innovation; (2) a series of engineering education reports; (3) the development of technical institutes; (4) the expansion of the junior and community college programs in technical education; and (5) the movement of U.S. engineering education toward curricula that emphasize science knowledge and theory and advanced mathematics. The convergence of the first three factors provided the impetus for the creation of the 2-year ET programs that exist and when adding in the last two factors 4 year ET programs were created.
Bioprocessing Piping and Equipment Design - A Companion Guide for the ASME BPE Standard (2016)
This is a companion guide to the ASME Bioprocessing Piping and Equipment (BPE) Standard and explains what lies behind many of the requirements and recommendations within that industry standard.
Lester Su, Ph.D., Chair of the ASME Committee on Government Relations, moderated the session and was joined by Noël Bakhtian, Ph.D., who served as a 2016 ASME Foundation Swanson Fellow at the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy in the environment and energy division and Said Jahanmir, Ph.D. who is currently serving as a 2015-16 ASME Congressional Fellow for the Honorable Tim Ryan (D-OH).
"ASME membership is the fuel that keeps my career
— Michael Ekekwe, ASME Member since 2010
Receive exclusive resources and a free ME Magazine subscription,
discounts on training, conferences & publications, and join thousands of dedicated engineers.
More about ASME - The AmericanSociety of Mechanical Engineers