The American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Project Engineering Advisor
As Project Engineering Advisor in ASME's Standards and Certifications' Initiatives Department, I support the work of ASME standards committees in Verification and Validation of Computational Modeling and Simulation, as well as Mobile and Locomotive Cranes. I'm also exploring the...
As Project Engineering Advisor in ASME's Standards and Certifications' Initiatives Department, I support the work of ASME standards committees in Verification and Validation of Computational Modeling and Simulation, as well as Mobile and Locomotive Cranes. I'm also exploring the emerging field of Advanced Manufacturing, helping identify ways in which ASME can contribute to the safe and sustainable evolution of the technologies in this area. I've also developed expertise as a Trainer and Facilitator, working with diverse teams to design and deliver high-quality training and leadership development conferences. Creative expression and performing (flute, voice and guitar) are my avocations.
Verification & Validation
Your professional status is displayed on your profile page.
contact me for
At a Glance
17 years ASME Member
32 Years of Experience
Project Engineering Advisor
ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers, October 2015 to Present, New York United States
As Project Engineering Advisor in ASME's Standards and Certifications' Initiatives Department, I'm part of a team involved in exploring the emerging field of Advanced Manufacturing, helping identify ways in which ASME can contribute to the safe and sustainable evolution of the technologies in this area. I also support the work of ASME committees developing codes and standards, in Verification and Validation of Computational Modeling and Simulation, as well as Mobile and Locomotive Cranes.
Senior Program Manager, Global Communities
ASME, March 2012 to October 2014
Support ASME's Global Communities by providing training, leadership development and mentoring.
Senior Program Manager, Leadership Development and Recruitment
ASME, October 2002 to March 2012, New York, New York United States
Provide strategic guidance, mentoring and support to ASME leaders throughout the world, and contribute to the development of mission, strategies, and implementation tactics for various Sectors and groups in the organization. Develop and produce leadership conferences, workshops and training materials for engineering students and professional engineers worldwide. Represent ASME at meetings around the world, speaking about the organization and its benefits to members. Create and build new initiatives and programs to create value, increase ASME’s brand, with products related to leadership development and training, career development, and creating opportunities for people to network and build relationships. Build strong relationships with a wide and diverse network of people, motivate others to engage, and identify opportunities for creating synergy and linking people with opportunities to contribute in meaningful ways. Manage a department of 5 to support over 220 ASME sections, over 600 student sections, and 11 virtual communities worldwide.
National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering, June 2001 to October 2002
• Assisted in developing a student support plan, which became the centerpiece of NACME’s strategy. • Managed and participated in outreach and recruitment to four-year colleges and universities, two-year colleges, and middle and high schools, to increase enrollment, retention, and graduation of underrepresented minorities in engineering. • Administered several scholarship programs and created cohesive promotional publications for them, resulting in a significant increase in scholarship applications. • Served as liaison to partner universities and industry donors, improving and building more effective relationships with them. • Supervised staff and oversaw the hiring, training, and management of 7 regional coordinators. • Evaluated over 100 proposals for collaborative partnerships with universities under that strategy.
Secretary to the Provost
Barnard College, February 1999 to July 2001
• Upgraded and maintained web site and budget files; managed faculty database. • Created, edited and produced faculty manuals, guides, and numerous other documents.
The Olin Center, March 1995 to August 1998, Boston, Massachusetts United States
• Taught preparatory classes for math and standardized exams, including the GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, SAT, LSAT, and GED, receiving the highest student evaluations in the Olin Center’s history. • Tutored privately. • Wrote teachers' guides and classroom texts.
Lockheed (NASA White Sands Test Facility), February 1988 to August 1994, Las Cruces, New Mexico United States
• Oversaw buildup and completion of multi-million-dollar hypervelocity research and test facility. • Performed hypervelocity impact testing of space station and shuttle hardware, including budget and schedule management, test matrix design, test article engineering, failure mode analyses, risk assessment, and component specification and acquisition, and computer simulations. • Successfully redesigned critical mechanical components to enable higher launch velocities. • Prepared and delivered written and oral presentations on projects and translated technical articles from German into English. • Coordinated with engineering, support, and administrative groups and supervised 3 technicians.
Berklee College of Music
Jazz Flute Performance, Jan, 1994 to Jan, 1997
- Founded several jazz and classical ensembles, including the Marian Heller Quartet, Take Two, and Trio Melodieux. - Member of the Willow Flute Ensemble - Extensive recording studio work for film scoring projects - flute, alto flute, bass flute and piccolo - Additional studies in arranging.
New Mexico State University
Mechanical Engineering, Jan, 1985 to Jan, 1987
Master's project was in amorphous photovoltaics. Course concentration was in Heat Transfer.
Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn
Languages, Political Science, History, Jan, 1984 to Jan, 1985
- Received a language fellowship for post-graduate studies.
Physics, German Literature, Jan, 1980 to Jan, 1984
- Heyl Scholar (study of Natural Sciences)
About This Site
© 2020 The American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
All rights reserved.